Our GPS Tracking Prices Explained
Here at BlackOwl we make things easy:
- A once off purchase for your vehicle tracking hardware: $199-$249
- A low price of only $0.50/day to operate your GPS tracker
(billed $15/mo to your preferred card)
This covers everything - nothing else to pay.
- All our GPS trackers come with pre-installed Telstra SIM cards managed by us so you can focus on more important things
- No contracts
One of the most common questions we get is "Why are there operating costs?".
Operating costs are necessary to:
- cover the cost of transmitting your tracker's GPS data across networks to our tracking platform
- cover the cost of SMS/email alerts
- keep our tracking services online and operational
- provide frequent security updates
- provide integrated Google Maps into our tracking platform and mobile apps
- provide new and improved tracking features
There are some trackers on the market which are advertised with "no ongoing fees/no operating costs" or "free tracking platform/free platform access". Be mindful, you will still have to pay to use these trackers as they require a SIM card to operate. You're still paying operating costs, except they're in the form of pre-paid credit. There may also be other risks associated with these "free" services, such as unencrypted tracking platforms and unauthorised distribution of your personal/tracking data.
If you have any other questions regarding operating costs or would like to further discuss your GPS tracking requirements, feel free to give us a call on 0404 188 404, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or have a chat to us using the tab in the bottom corner of your screen.